The Full List of Problems and Warnings During Mini-Split Installation
For clarity, we've compiled all the difficulties and problems that may arise during the installation of a mini-split system in a convenient list format.
1. Voiding the warranty. Installing a ductless mini split system isn't like changing a light bulb or plugging in a mixer. It's a technically complex process that requires special knowledge and skills. Therefore, manufacturers insist on the installation being performed by certified services and technicians to validate the warranty. If installed by an untrained uncertified professional, manufacturers won't be responsible for any warranty obligations.
2. Incorrect electrical connection. This isn't just a risk of damaging the device, but also an increased risk of a fire. Speaking about the scale of these consequences is redundant.
3. Incorrect connection of the refrigerant, as we mentioned above, leads to malfunctions of the air conditioner and its subsequent failure.
4. Improper airflow balancing can result in uneven distribution of cooled or heated air within the room.
5. Health hazards. That's right: if the installation cycle is violated and the connection is incorrect, refrigerant and other substances may leak, which poses health risks and potential harm to the well-being of residents.
6. Damages and system failure. During the installation process by uncertified non-professionals, there is a high risk of damaging components and causing the air conditioner to malfunction, leading to the need for part replacement and repairs.
7. Wall and ceiling damage. Improper installation work can result in wall and ceiling damage when installing the indoor unit of the air conditioner, requiring additional repair work.
8. Fines and more serious legal consequences. Improper install a ductless mini split system carries the risk of violating local regulations and rules regarding air conditioner installation. This can lead to administrative fines, the obligation to redo the installation, or even legal issues.
Since it is technically challenging to install a ductless mini split system and it’s a responsible process that requires technical expertise, the list of consequences can be quite daunting. Is there hope?